Festival Assistant Position
Temporary, July – mid Oct 2017
Salary and hours:
This role is offered on a freelance basis. The work will average 1 day a week till mid-October 2017 (working day being 8 hours), with the work-load getting busier in the run up to the festival. The Festival Assistant should be flexible in their weekly working hours and must be available for the full festival – 28 September till 1 Oct 2017.
Fee: £85 a day, to a maximum of £1,700. (approx. 20 days in total)
Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed to a pre-agreed amount.
The Festival Manager
- Concert Programme content compiled – contacting artists to pull content together, and working with the Festival Manager, Marketing Manager and Festival designer to collate and produce the programmes.
- Venue assistance at rehearsals/events prior to the festival in August and September in Cumnock - 19 Aug, 2, 16 and 24 Sept for Festival Chorus rehearsals.
- Potential venue and concert management, and front of house duties as required during the festival, which runs 28 Sept – 1 Oct 2017.
- Working with the Festival Manager to ensure all venue equipment is ready ahead of events and equipment purchases are made ahead of the festival.
- Invites and rsvp’s for Receptions during the festival. Guest list on the door.
- Assistance with volunteer training, mailings, distribution of volunteer documents.
- Working with the Marketing Manager on social media content and website updates leading up to the festival.
- General newsletter mailings, using mailchimp.
- Assistance with festival evaluation and reporting.
- Answering festival enquiries.
- Adhoc duties as required by the Festival Manager.
Key skills required
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to work flexible hours, independently and to deadlines.
- Organised and efficient working manner, with the ability to work from home.
- Front of house and event management experience is desirable.
- Interest and knowledge of classical music and festivals is desirable.
How to apply: Please submit your CV & short covering letter to say why you would like to work for The Cumnock Tryst and how you would gain from the opportunity, also outlining relevant skills and experience. To be submitted with the contact details of two referees to email@example.com.
Deadline is 17.00 on 3 July, for interviews wc 17 July 2017.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.